IFAA Level 1 Instructors Course Criteria
The criteria for the IFAA Level One Instructors certification as set by the IFAA Coaching and Development Committee is as follows:
- To be a member of a national association affiliated to the “International Field Archery Association” (IFAA) for a minimum of two consecutive years.
- Be an active member of an affiliated IFAA club for a minimum of two consecutive years, also hold and maintain an EFAA Classification.
- Be over the age of 18.
- Not to have had any disciplinary action taken against them by their affiliated IFAA
- club, national associations or IFAA.
The course duration will be one full day of instruction (09:00 to 16:30) with a cost of £50 for new applicants.
If you hold a current EFAA Instructor certification then the cost will be £15 to advance your certification to IFAA Level One Instructor by taking a top up course which will take 4 ½ hours. Current EFAA Instructors will need to comply with the criteria for IFAA Level One Instructors even though they are only required to complete the top up course.
The IFAA course is an international recognised certification within all IFAA member countries.
The course will cover:
- Archery rounds
- Choosing a bow & equipment
- Basic archery steps
- IFAA styles & equipment checks
The courses could be held at individual clubs, to help keep the travelling costs down. Alec James or I would attend to complete the course at the club. The club must have a club hut or the use of indoor facilities so you can be under cover to go through the Instructors Manual.
Any member who meets the above criteria and wishes to enlist on a course, or any club willing to hold a course for its members should contact Daniel Rae, EFAA Coaching Officer for details by email at email@example.com
IFAA Instructors Courses Dates
There are currently no courses planned