With the issues that we have all been facing over the last few years the IFAA Director of Coaching has extended the life of our instructor’s certificate until there has been plan agreed on how a re-accreditation process can be completed and met.
You shall shortly be receiving an email from myself with your new certificate, if you would like a printed copy then please let me know and I will post one out to you or arrange delivery at the next major EFAA champs shoot.
EFAA Coaching officer
IFAA Level 1 Instructors Course Criteria
The criteria for the IFAA Level One Instructors certification as set by the IFAA Coaching and Development Committee is as follows:
- To be a member of a national association affiliated to the “International Field Archery Association” (IFAA) for a minimum of two consecutive years.
- Be an active member of an affiliated IFAA club for a minimum of two consecutive years, also hold and maintain an EFAA Classification.
- Be over the age of 18.
- Not to have had any disciplinary action taken against them by their affiliated IFAA club, national associations or IFAA.
The course duration will be one full day of instruction (09:00 to 16:30) with a cost of £50 for new applicants.
The IFAA course is an international recognised certification within all IFAA member countries.
The course will cover:
- Archery rounds
- Choosing a bow & equipment
- Basic archery steps
- IFAA styles & equipment checks
The courses could be held at individual clubs, to help keep the travelling costs down. Alec James or I would attend to complete the course at the club. The club must have a club hut or the use of indoor facilities so you can be under cover to go through the Instructors Manual.
Any member who meets the above criteria and wishes to enlist on a course, or any club willing to hold a course for its members should contact Daniel Rae, EFAA Coaching Officer for details by email at email@example.com