EFAA AGM 2020
At a recent meeting of the EFAA committee the 2020 AGM situation was re visited and the decision made to remain with the hope that a conventional AGM can be held early next year when, hopefully, the current restrictions on indoor gatherings will have eased. Also, due to the current, ever changing world that we are all living in, to enable us to be in a better position to react quickly to any relevant changes, the committee decided to increase the frequency of meetings for the next few months. The committee will now meet, online once a month until January 2021. At the January meeting, the AGM situation will be re visited and all possible meeting options will be reassessed.
EFAA AGM 2019
TO BE HELD ON 16TH NOVEMBER IN THE PINES FUNCTION ROOM, THE CROSSROADS HOTEL, (GOOD NIGHT INN), WEEDON, NORTHAMPTON NN7 4PX.
Meeting to commence 10.30am
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of the 2018 AGM. As published in the January 2019 issue of Field Archer magazine.
- Matters arising from the Minutes of the previous AGM.
- President’s report
- General Secretary’s report
- Treasurer’s report
- Membership Secretary’s report
- Election of Officers
a) Vice President. Dave Underwood
b) General Secretary. Dave Moore
c) Treasurer. Tony Sparkes
d) Membership Secretary. Alec James
e) IFAA Representative. Alec James
f) Field Archer Editor. Dave Underwood
g) Team Manager. Dee Rayner
h) Tournaments Officer. Lesley Underwood
I) Range Charter Officer. Ian Brown
j) Sales and Merchandising Officer. No nominee
k) Classification and Incentives Officer. Graham Kemp
l) Coaching Officer. Dan Rae
Stuart Oldman and Ian Brown will continue in their committee nominated roles as Website Manager and PRO respectively. Ash Cowie will take on the role of WIAC 2021 Team Leader.
i) Proposed by. The EFAA committee.
Proposal: - An archer can only claim one National Record for each score shot. When no veteran classes are available, the archer must decide to claim either an adult or a veteran record, but not both.Rationale. To provide clarification and prevent multiple records being claimed for the same score.
- WIAC 2021.
- President’s Award.
- Team of the Year Award.
- General discussion.
a. Raised by an EFAA member: - Longbow style, Historical Bow style and the Horse Bow.
EFAA AGM Information
Change To The Issue Of The AGM Agenda
We are currently operating in a period of risings costs and decreasing income. Unfortunately, we are also experiencing a reduction in membership numbers compared with recent years. With these facts in mind, the committee are investigating several areas where the Association’s running costs can be reduced without any resultant, detrimental effect to the function of the Association and its members.
Commencing with the 2019 AGM, the agenda will no longer be posted to all members. Instead, it will be posted on the EFAA website. We are aware that not all members have internet access, if you require an agenda to be posted to you, please contact the General Secretary. Contact details are in the Field Archer magazine. For those members without the facility to print a copy of the agenda from the website, copies will be available at the AGM. Taking this action will result in a significant saving in postage and printing costs without any loss of information provided to members.
EFAA AGM 2019
THE 2019 AGM OF THE ENGLISH FIELD ARCHERY ASSOCIATION WILL TAKE PLACE ON SATURDAY 16TH NOVEMBER.
THE MEETING WILL BE HELD IN THE PINES FUNCTION ROOM, THE CROSSROADS HOTEL, WEEDON, NORTHAMPTON, NN7 4PX.
MEETING TO COMMENCE 10.30am
TEA AND COFFEE WILL BE AVAILABLE ON ARRIVAL.
All matters for inclusion on the agenda of the AGM must reach the General Secretary by 7th October 2019.
Proposals to be put to the AGM shall be in writing and bear the signature of the proposer and seconder, who must both be adult honorary, life or Individual members of EFAA further, either or both signatories shall attend the AGM to discuss their proposal.
For the election of officers at the AGM all nominations, in writing, bearing the signature of the proposer, seconder and nominee, who must all be adult honorary, life or individual members of the EFAA, shall reach the General Secretary by 17th October 2019.
Committee Nomination Forms are available from the General Secretary.
EFAA General Secretary.
EFAA AGM 2018
In addition to the forthcoming increase in membership fees, please note the following updates.
- Alison De Burgh is now the Merchandising Officer.
- Ian Brown is now the Range Charter Officer and will also continue in his role of PRO.
- The proposal to reduce ELB incentive and classification scores was rejected but the issue will be raised at future IFAA European and World Council meetings as appropriate.
- Following the acceptance of TRB style last year, the Hunting Style category is removed from EFAA rules.
- Dogs will not be permitted on an EFAA shooting range / course for the duration of shooting at national tournaments, except for registered guide dogs.
- A new Super Veterans category, (65 years +) recently agreed at an IFAA World Council meeting, will not be accepted by the EFAA.
- In line with a new IFAA ruling, the EFAA will accept and introduce all bow styles in the cub division.
- Steve awarded the 2018 Presidents Award to Chris Jones. Ben Jones accepted the award at the meeting.
- Black Eagle Bowmen won the Team of the Year Award. A full results list is on the website.
- Please ensure that if you wish to claim a veteran record, your score card must state ‘veteran’ on the front of the card. It is the archer’s responsibility to ensure that their score card is completed correctly.
EFAA AGM 2018
Message From The President
Over the last many years, we have been lucky to have a great team of workers and members who have given many hours of their own time to ensure the smooth running of our association. I have long been an advocate of having understudies for all of our Committee positions. I would like you all to join with me in thanking Bela and Mike for their years of hard work on this our committee. Not only have they done the jobs they were elected to do, but over the last year they have been training understudies to do their jobs when they stood down. So with Mike training Ian and Bella working with Allison all went well. This year at the AGM both Mike and Bella decided to stand down and give the new bloods a go on the committee. Due to all of their work the transition was very smooth from the old to the new . This was thanks to, as I said before, Bella and Mike.
So once again, thank you from all of us, for all you have done on behalf of the EFAA.